MobileMe Sync Killed Entourage

P

petermanns

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Urgent HELP needed!!
MobileMe Sync just killed my syncing and my Entourage.

Start:
I went to Sys.Pref / .Mac to sync with MobileMe as usual, about half way through it Froze. I had to force shut down and re-start computer.

Now:
1. Entourage just acts like it will start and then Freezes. Must Force Quit and restart computer. If I don't restart computer all other office Apps. Freeze. If I do restart, other Office Apps. work with the exception of Entourage. I have done complete re-install of Office 2004 and all updates twice with same results....

2. In Sys.Pref / .Mac / Sync it says "Last Sync: Never synchronized" and I get message "There was a problem with the sync operation" (This computer is no longer registered to sync with .Mac - perhaps it was unregistered from another computer. Please re-register this computer using the .Mac System Preferences and try again. & (.Mac Log-in failed)... I have had .Mac account active since it's beginning.

3. In Sys.Pref / .Mac / Advanced it shows the date I "Last Synchronized" with (1) .Mac Sync Engine, (2) my Mac and (3) the other computer I have been synchronizing with. I have been afraid to try using MobileMe to sync with my iPhone because of all the problems.

4. I am now afraid to try to re-start trying to sync my iPhone from it's dock as usual because I don't want to risk it based on all other problems.

First things first:

How do I get Entourage back (I live with this app) and sync services with iCal and Address Book working again???
I have a feeling it has something to do with Sync Services between Entourage and iCal / Address Book and MobileMe but know of no way to check this??

Any Ideas?? PLEASE!!

G

GEOPIX

Entourage has to be synced through the Microsoft Sync Services Preferences setting in Entourage, not through MobileMe. Entourage isn't supported by MobileMe or Apple support, even though Outlook for Windows users is supported.

The big problem with Microsoft Sync Services is that Entourage introduces duplicate recurring Calendar Events for any appointment marked as "All Day" (such as birthdays and holidays), somewhere in the sync services procedure. Due to this glitch, after just a few sync sessions, you can end up with hundreds, even thousands of duplicate Calendar Events that have to be manually deleted and even scrambled, recurring duplicates entered for the wrong dates. A semi-automated workaround exists in List View if you use Categories to organize your Events, but the duplicates ALWAYS return. Eventually, the stop-gap Microsoft-sanctioned work-around stopped working for me (Entourage crashed during a sync and lost all my Categories).

I even wrote a personal e-mail letter to Steve Jobs about this. He actually read it about four weeks ago and turned it over to his Executive Relations staff to follow up with me! MobileMe support contacted me and they are aware of the problem. However, they say it is a Microsoft bug and that Entourage isn't supported by MobileMe.

Search for words or a phrase like "duplicate recurring Calendar Events" in this forum and nose around the Apple Discussion Forums too. This is a serious Entourage bug that has gone unfixed for at least 10 months (and perhaps as long as a year). A Microsoft tech on this forum warned not to expect a quick fix and users on the Apple Online Forum recommend against Entourage 2004 or 2008 with MobileMe. It seems that the Entourage Calendar is no longer reliable and should not be used with MobileMe or the iPhone.

G

GEOPIX

By the way, you can try and repair the Entourage database and if necessary, rebuild it. This may resolve your problem. To access the Database Repair Utility:

1. Quit all Office applications, including Notifications and (I think) the Database Daemon Startup Item.
2. Hold down the Option key while launching Entourage an follow the instructions.

P

petermanns

Thank you GEOPIX,

I do use Sync Services in Entourage Preferences. Normally does sync with iCal and Address Book.
I am aware of "all day" duplication problem and do not use.
I have re-built data base (no help).

I have re-installed Office 2004 twice with all updates and no results. I suspect some problem file might be left on system when doing re-install.

Main problem now is that Entourage only gets through initial start up steps but never launches main window before it freezes. I just get the logo and sound, then it freezes and I must do a force quit and system restart. At this point I would be happy to just get Entourage working again....

C

CBDC

I'm afraid to jinx what I have working ... but -

I have sync services in Entourage set up to sync with iCal, Address Book, and Mobile me. HOWEVER, I don't have MM set up to sync automatically I have it set up to sync manually.

More or less every night (after I back up tasks & calendar (export in Entourage menu) and backup Contacts if they're any changes - and after I've backed up iCal (and checked that the data in iCal is what I have in Entourage), I open sync preferences (MAC), check "calendar" (say) then click on the advanced tab - reset sync data - tell the computer to overwrite the data on MM with the data on the computer - and then sync goes through.

WHY, you may ask, do I bother; it's not really as useful as "Exchange for the rest of us that was advertised." I do it to get the calendar and address book (and Entourage Calendar and Contacts) updated and synced on MacBook Air. (On the Air, I do the process in reverse - reset sync data and have the MM sync overwrite the data on my Air.)

But I do it manually so I can control the process with back ups to limit the amount sync can corrupt Entourage.

I had some problems (as did others) with iCal after the 10.5.5 update but once I got the Entourage data in it again, the process has worked well as outlined above.

I sync my iPhone using iTunes as I can't afford to have calendar or contact data disappear from the iPhone when I'm away from home.

I find MM useful in the very circumscribed way I use it. I don't trust it to really sync things as the few times I tried to let it happen automatically, data would disappear or the wrong data would be taken as the most recent.

D

Diane Ross

Main problem now is that Entourage only gets through initial start up steps
but never launches main window before it freezes. I just get the logo and
sound, then it freezes and I must do a force quit and system restart. At this
point I would be happy to just get Entourage working again....

Testing in a new User will quickly tell you if the problem is system wide or
if it's your User's folder that contains the problem.

If you experience problems in the new User's, then...

You might need to download the combo updater from Apple and run it again
rather than using Software Update. Doing so overwrites potentially
problem-causing files. Several users have reported this fixed some odd
problems they were having with Entourage. Combo updaters will install on the
same version as they¹re applying‹no need to roll back or do a clean install.

Tiger:

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (PPC)
<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx10411comboupdateppc.html>

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (Intel)

<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx10411updateintel.html>

Let me know what you find.

P

petermanns

I'm afraid to jinx what I have working ... but -
I have sync services in Entourage set up to sync with iCal, Address Book, and Mobile me. HOWEVER, I don't have MM set up to sync automatically I have it set up to sync manually.

More or less every night (after I back up tasks & calendar (export in Entourage menu) and backup Contacts if they're any changes - and after I've backed up iCal (and checked that the data in iCal is what I have in Entourage), I open sync preferences (MAC), check "calendar" (say) then click on the advanced tab - reset sync data - tell the computer to overwrite the data on MM with the data on the computer - and then sync goes through.

WHY, you may ask, do I bother; it's not really as useful as "Exchange for the rest of us that was advertised." I do it to get the calendar and address book (and Entourage Calendar and Contacts) updated and synced on MacBook Air. (On the Air, I do the process in reverse - reset sync data and have the MM sync overwrite the data on my Air.)

But I do it manually so I can control the process with back ups to limit the amount sync can corrupt Entourage.

I had some problems (as did others) with iCal after the 10.5.5 update but once I got the Entourage data in it again, the process has worked well as outlined above.

I sync my iPhone using iTunes as I can't afford to have calendar or contact data disappear from the iPhone when I'm away from home.

I find MM useful in the very circumscribed way I use it. I don't trust it to really sync things as the few times I tried to let it happen automatically, data would disappear or the wrong data would be taken as the most recent.

P

petermanns

Testing in a new User will quickly tell you if the problem is system wide or
if it's your User's folder that contains the problem.

If you experience problems in the new User's, then...

You might need to download the combo updater from Apple and run it again
rather than using Software Update. Doing so overwrites potentially
problem-causing files. Several users have reported this fixed some odd
problems they were having with Entourage. Combo updaters will install on the
same version as they�re applying�no need to roll back or do a clean install.

Tiger:

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (PPC)

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (Intel)

Let me know what you find.

Thank you Diane, I will try your suggestions but am not familiar with "Combo Updaters", does this update the OS assuming that something about Entourage is not the problem? What exactly does it update??
Scott

D

Diane Ross

Thank you Diane, I will try your suggestions but am not familiar with "Combo
Updaters", does this update the OS assuming that something about Entourage is
not the problem? What exactly does it update??

Entourage uses system files. Updating using the combo will often work to
improve the situation, but some users will need to do an "Archive & Install"
to fix their problems. Often Office applications are the first to show the
underlying problems, but eventually corrupt system files will bring
everything down.

Apple updates available from the Software Update application are incremental
updates. Delta updates are also incremental updates and are available from
Apple Downloads (software updates are generally smaller than delta updates).
The Combo updates contain all incremental updates and will update files that
could have become corrupted. More info:

Apple Combo Updater and Entourage
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/combo.html>

Besides combining several updaters into one, the Apple combo updaters go
back and "refresh" previous updated files. I always advise the combo updater
when it's available.

A good example of an Office combo is the Office 2004 11.5.0 updater. This
update includes all the improvements that were released in previous Office
2004 updates.)

---------previous updaters included in the 11.5.0 updater-----------
Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.4.2 Update release date 5/13/2008 (requires
Mac 11.4.1 Update is installed on your computer)

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.4.1 Update release date 2/12/2008 (requires
that 11.4 be installed)

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.4 Update release date 2/12/2008 (requires
that 11.3.9 be installed)

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.9 Update release date 11/6/2007 (requires
that 11.3.8 be installed)

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.8 Update release date 10/9/2007 (requires
that 11.3.7 be installed)

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.7 Update release date 8/14/2007 (requires
that 11.3.6 be installed)

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.6 Update release date 7/10/2007 (requires
that 11.3.5 be installed)

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.5 Update release date 5/3/2007 (this is a
combo updater- brings any CD 2004 install version up to 11.3.5)

C

CBDC

Thank you CBDC, I was using a similar manual / check / back up first approach because of past problems but the last sync to MM froze part way through and now Entourage will not launch at all.

Have you tried repairing preferences (Disc Utility)? Monthly I repair permissions and verify disk which is another thing you could try. Possibly some file structure has been corrupted.

It's hard to see what syncing could have done to the Entourage program itself. Perhaps one of the MVP will suggest something - In the absence of any MVP advice, I'd try reinstalling Entourage and then rebuild your user data in the most recent identity you have backed-up. I may be living in an illusion, but because I only let "sync" run one way from my computer to MM, I'm hoping that Entourage is isolated from what seems to have happened to you.

Whenever you update Leopard or Tiger or whatever you use, always do the combo update. The updates my computer happily tells me are available are fine, except problems seem to occur subsequent to installation. The problems more or less disappear after the combo updates.

P

petermanns

Thank you Diane & CBDC,

Actions taken so far with NO results:

1. Using Office Database Utility. Re-Built Main Identities Database for Entourage. Database verified as working properly.
2. Re-installed Office 2004 and all updates.
3. Installed MacOSXUpdCombo 10.4.11.dmg

Current Configuration:

PowerPC G4
Mac OSX v 10.4.11
Office 2004 most current update v 11.5.1
Entourage 2004 v 11.4.0

The Problem:

Entourage acts like it will start and then Freezes. I see logo, hear sound and then it freezes. I must Force Quit and restart computer. If I don't restart computer all other office Apps. Freeze. If I do restart, other Office Apps. work with the exception of Entourage. Entourage calendar notifications still work but cannot open because it starts freeze cycle.
Error Message when trying to open Entourage: "Could not open that feature. An unknown error (16008) occurred."

Start of Problem:

I went to Sys.Pref / .Mac to sync Bookmarks, Calendars & Contacts with MobileMe as usual, about half way through it Froze. I had to force shut down and re-start computer.

Any more suggestions my friends.
I do appreciate the help you have provided. Thank You!!

D

Diane Ross

Did you use "Remove Office" before installing?
Error Message when trying to open Entourage: "Could not open that feature. An
unknown error (16008) occurred."

Try the solutions here:
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/number.html#error16008>

I suspect the last one is what you will need to do, but one way of testing
before you go to all that work is to create a new Identity in Entourage and
see if it will open. If that fails, switch to a new User, open Entourage in
a new Identity. If that works, your Office install is OK, but your problems
are in your User's folder. Because a new Identity will not open that means
it's something in your User's folder....prefs, caches etc.

To double check on your Identity is to move it to Shared then drag to the
new User's Document folder. (it actually copies rather then moves). If it
opens in the new User then your Identity is good. Be sure to backup this up
AND move it back from Shared to Documents. Otherwise Entourage will open in
a new blank Identity.

============================
Let's first be clear about the terms User, Identity and Account.

An identity is a complete personality of Entourage, containing (preferences,
account settings.

A User is a term used by the Mac OS. The terms Identity and User are often
confused. Creating a new User in System Preferences is a good way to test in
a clean environment.

Entourage stores your data in an Identity, and the Mac OS creates Users.

Your identity is named "Main" by default. It is located in the Microsoft
User Data folder. Creating a new Identity is a good way to test your
database to see if corruption is the problem.

Each identity can have (almost) any number of accounts. Each account is
associated with a distinct email address than can be used to send and/or
receive mail, but all mail is stored in the same database, all calendar
events are common to all the accounts, all notes & contacts are shared.

You can have multiple accounts in Entourage. Examples: POP, IMAP, Hotmail,
Gmail, AOL, Exchange, news accounts.

P

petermanns

Thank you JR, here is the Console info:
2008-10-06 09:00:01 -0700
2008-10-06 09:00:02.076 loginwindow[76] FSResolveAliasWithMountFlags returned err = -43
2008-10-06 09:00:04.918 loginwindow[76] FSResolveAliasWithMountFlags returned err = -43
2008-10-06 09:00:09.656 SystemUIServer[269] lang is:en
2008-10-06 09:00:18.723 MagicMenuHotKeyDaemon[294] Started
Oct 6 09:00:29 Scott-Petermanns-Computer mDNSResponder: NAT Port Mapping (LLQ event port.): timeout
2008-10-06 09:15:14.289 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.624 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.638 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.645 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.653 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.661 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.668 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.675 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.683 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.690 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.698 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.706 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.714 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.722 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.729 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.736 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.744 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.752 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.759 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.766 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.774 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.781 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.789 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.797 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.804 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mon 06 Oct 2008 09:12:41 -800'
2008-10-06 09:15:14.811 SyndicationAgent[304] WARNING: BestCalendarDateFromString - can't interpret: 'Mo

A

Allen Watson

Thank you Diane & CBDC,

Actions taken so far with NO results:

1. Using Office Database Utility. Re-Built Main Identities Database for
Entourage. Database verified as working properly.
3. Installed MacOSXUpdCombo 10.4.11.dmg

Current Configuration:

PowerPC G4
Mac OSX v 10.4.11
Office 2004 most current update v 11.5.1
Entourage 2004 v 11.4.0

The Problem:

Entourage acts like it will start and then Freezes. I see logo, hear
sound and then it freezes. I must Force Quit and restart computer. If I
don't restart computer all other office Apps. Freeze. If I do restart,
other Office Apps. work with the exception of Entourage. Entourage
calendar notifications still work but cannot open because it starts
freeze cycle.
Error Message when trying to open Entourage: "Could not open that
feature. An unknown error (16008) occurred."

Start of Problem:

I went to Sys.Pref / .Mac to sync Bookmarks, Calendars & Contacts with
MobileMe as usual, about half way through it Froze. I had to force shut
down and re-start computer.

Any more suggestions my friends.
I do appreciate the help you have provided. Thank You!!

Back when I was using Entourage 2004, I had similar problems with my
database, probably instigated by a crash. The 16008 error sure sounds
familiar. For me, it was a corrupt message in the database that the
Database Utility could not, apparently, detect. As soon as I tried to
open such a message in any way (including the Preview pane), Entourage
would freeze. I suspect you have a browser with preview pane showing,
and the problem message selected; when Entourage tries to open that
window, bam!

The trick was somehow getting Entourage to open without a preview pane
showing, select the problem message, and delete it. If I recall, you
may be able to get Entourage open if you hold down the Shift key while
it launches. Try that.

At times, locating the problem message meant attempting to open one
message after another until one of them causes a freeze or crash, and
making a note of that. Then, select the message (with no preview pane),
delete it, and go to the Deleted Items folder and delete it again.

I have to say that this problem, once it reared its ugly head, came
back over and over until I upgraded to Entourage 2008, at which point I
started a fresh mail database.

M

Michelle

I'm having a similar, although still different, problem. I've only had the
duplication of all-day events happen once. I fixed that.

My problem is how it deals with those "all day" events that I create.
Interestingly enough, it doesn't mess with those "built-in"/default all-day
holidays, just those events/holidays that I create myself.

The first issue was when it would appear fine in Entourage, but on my iPod
Touch (Entourage sycing with Sync Services, syncing with iCal, syncing with
Mobile Me) it would show it across a 2-day spread. Usually the appropriate
day AND the day before. I cleaned this up on the Touch by going in and
fixing the beginning/ending date. At one point, this was only happening
when the all-day event was created in Entourage. If done on the Touch
first, the problem didn't occur. I'm not sure if this is still the case.

Things went fine for quite some time until Entourage was fine and the iPod
Touch showed the dates one day early (no longer on a 2-day spread--just
early). Fixed this manually.

Now the problem is in reverse. The iPod Touch and Mobile Me show the
all-day events in the proper place and format, but Entourage and iCal are
showing them one day early.

I also did a Google search and found the existence of similar problems going
back at least a couple of years.

I've already checked Time Zones in all locations (Mac preferences, Entourage
preferences, iPod Touch calendar settings, and Mobile Me settings). All are
set to CST--the only difference is that some are the generic CST, while some
allow a more specific "Chicago" as a close CST city.

This issue does get rather frustrating rather quickly.

D

Dan Dixon

My problem is how it deals with those "all day" events that I create.
Interestingly enough, it doesn't mess with those "built-in"/default all-day
holidays, just those events/holidays that I create myself.

The first issue was when it would appear fine in Entourage, but on my iPod
Touch (Entourage sycing with Sync Services, syncing with iCal, syncing with
Mobile Me) it would show it across a 2-day spread. Usually the appropriate
day AND the day before. I cleaned this up on the Touch by going in and
fixing the beginning/ending date. At one point, this was only happening
when the all-day event was created in Entourage. If done on the Touch
first, the problem didn't occur. I'm not sure if this is still the case.

Things went fine for quite some time until Entourage was fine and the iPod
Touch showed the dates one day early (no longer on a 2-day spread--just
early). Fixed this manually.

Now the problem is in reverse. The iPod Touch and Mobile Me show the
all-day events in the proper place and format, but Entourage and iCal are
showing them one day early. ....
Using Office 2004 (latest updates) on a 1.33 Ghz G4 Powerbook running OS

I experienced nearly identical issues with Entourage '04 under OS 10.4.11. I
tried all sorts of things before finally giving up hope on using the
MobileMe calendar. I recently upgraded to Office '08, and lo, everything is
synching correctly: Entourage to iCal, iCal to MM, MM to iPhone and back
again. I don't know if it's just coincidence or what, but since the
specifics of the glitch changed as Apple worked out the kinks in MobileMe, I
suspect the issue is/was at least partly a MM bug.

Dan Dixon

M

Michelle

I guess I spoke too soon. I guess I AM still having the issue of items
being spread across 2 days on the Touch. This just recently happened again,
so the only thing that I can think of is that in trying to prevent the
problem by matching all of my times zone settings to a specific city within
CTS, that it somehow caused the problems again. All day events now show up
(on the Touch & in Entourage) on the actual day and the day before. Some
appear to be recently duplications.

I'm definitely getting tired of trying to fix these!

M

Michelle

EDIT--
I went through and corrected the two-day spreads. Then "it" began creating
generic (no assigned category) events to replace the 1 day (of the old 2-day
spread) that I deleted.

Thank goodness this usually comes across with no category assigned. I can
at least create a View filter to show only those with no category and I can
clean up some of the mess more quickly.

I guess I spoke too soon. I guess I AM still having the issue of items
being spread across 2 days on the Touch. This just recently happened again,
so the only thing that I can think of is that in trying to prevent the
problem by matching all of my times zone settings to a specific city within
CTS, that it somehow caused the problems again. All day events now show up
(on the Touch & in Entourage) on the actual day and the day before. Some
appear to be recently duplications.

I'm definitely getting tired of trying to fix these!

M

Michelle

I fixed it again in Entourage, fixed "conflicts" in Conflict Resolver.app
and now they're showing up on the Touch with the actual day and the day
AFTER (before it was the actual day and the day BEFORE).

It's correct in iCal and even on the MobileMe website. At the moment (since
the location of the errors is constantly changing) the error is only on the
Touch.

I've sent feedback to the MobileMe feedback link on Apple's website.

K

Kerry

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Urgent HELP needed!!
MobileMe Sync just killed my syncing and my Entourage.

Start:
I went to Sys.Pref / .Mac to sync with MobileMe as usual, about half way through it Froze. I had to force shut down and re-start computer.

Now:
1. Entourage just acts like it will start and then Freezes. Must Force Quit and restart computer. If I don't restart computer all other office Apps.Freeze. If I do restart, other Office Apps. work with the exception of Entourage. I have done complete re-install of Office 2004 and all updates twice with same results....

2. In Sys.Pref / .Mac / Sync it says "Last Sync: Never synchronized" and I get message "There was a problem with the sync operation" (This computer is no longer registered to sync with .Mac - perhaps it was unregistered from another computer. Please re-register this computer using the .Mac System Preferences and try again. & (.Mac Log-in failed)... I have had .Mac account active since it's beginning.

3. In Sys.Pref / .Mac / Advanced it shows the date I "Last Synchronized" with (1) .Mac Sync Engine, (2) my Mac and (3) the other computer I have been synchronizing with. I have been afraid to try using MobileMe to sync withmy iPhone because of all the problems.

4. I am now afraid to try to re-start trying to sync my iPhone from it's dock as usual because I don't want to risk it based on all other problems.

First things first:

How do I get Entourage back (I live with this app) and sync services withiCal and Address Book working again???
I have a feeling it has something to do with Sync Services between Entourage and iCal / Address Book and MobileMe but know of no way to check this??

Any Ideas?? PLEASE!!

I don't use Mobileme but rather sync my handhelds (BB and Palm TX)
using Missing Sync. There has been an issue in the Entourage sync
services implementation since day one. It primarily affects the
reliability of Calendar sync'g. The only real solution to obtain
reliable syncs is to have just one module enabled. In my case, I have
just Calendar sync'g all the time and have done this for months and it
is totally reliable. With two or modules enabled it messes up. To
update either addressbook or Notes I just turn off Calendar, turn on
one of the others and choose combine and then re-enable Calendar with
the others off and choose combine. It works fine but we shouldn't have
to go through this.

If you want confirmation of this go to Markspace.com and the Palm OS
forum and see Brian C's (lead engineer) commentary on this and they
have replicated what I discovered. They identified this to Microsoft
way back when and the issue was replicated but Markspace hasn't heard
much from Microsoft. However, I received a note from him the other day
that they are working with the Microsoft team to resolve this.

If they do, it might also resolve your mobileme problems as what you
are describing is the same outcome that I am getting sync'g my
handhelds with Missing Sync.

Ask a Question