Moving shapes according to a database

T

Twixman23

I am still new to Visio and the VBA. My question is: Is there a way to control the shapes using a database and the import data? I have imported data from two tables, the section table and the shape table. I have 8 squares ("sections") and I have shapes that reference that "section" shape. Once I import the data, the shapes are placed inside the sectionshape they are "linked" to from the database. The problem I have is I can control when shapes are added, but that only works if I physically drag a shape onto the document. I want to know how to control the placement of the shapes by referencing the section shape they are linked to and then working with the PinX and PinY to space out the shapes within the section shape. There can be multiple shapes placed in one sectionshape. I have read about spatial neighbors but since I am so new to this, I have no idea how to actually apply some of these code examples to my project.

Any help is appreciated.

Ask a Question