Need a formula for a descimal integer into a whole number

M

mitcjohn65

Hello
I am working on a simple excel sheet but I'm not too hot on excel. I am using office 2010 and I'm trying to create a little file to calculate numbers but when I get a 4.2 or what ever decimals I want it to go to the lowest number like 4 even. Even if I get a 4.9 I want it to go at 4 even. And thereis an other one that I want it to go to the next number....ex: 4.2 - 4.5- 4.9 go to the next number like 5 even. I'm sure this is simple but not for me. Any help would be really appreciated.
Tks in advance

C

Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Wed, 26 Feb 2014 09:13:14 -0800 (PST) schrieb (e-mail address removed):

I am working on a simple excel sheet but I'm not too hot on excel. I am using office 2010 and I'm trying to create a little file to calculate numbers but when I get a 4.2 or what ever decimals I want it to go to the lowest number like 4 even. Even if I get a 4.9 I want it to go at 4 even. And there is an other one that I want it to go to the next number....ex: 4.2 - 4.5 - 4.9 go to the next number like 5 even. I'm sure this is simple but not for me. Any help would be really appreciated.

your decimal in A1
For the next smaller integer:
=ROUNDDOWN(A1,0)
or
=INT(A1)
For the next larger integer:
=ROUNDUP(A1,0)

Regards
Claus B.

Ask a Question