Office 2004 forcing logouts

G

GregS

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

After "upgrading" to Snow Leopard, when in Office 2004, I get forced logouts. The crash logs should Windows Server is failing. Apple has been zero help with this and the discussion groups on Apple.com do not provide any solution, other than try this and see or try that and see. I do not need 2008 or its features. The only way I have been able to work is to use Open Office. I find it unacceptable in the extreme that an OS upgrade should require the user to go into the system logs to find a problem on common software...unless Office is considered "boutique"....anyone have solutions that do not require me to create new accounts, wipe my machine, etc.?

G

GregS

Well, that is one alternative, but it leaves me with a couple hundred dollars of MS software on my machine that is useless...as well as my not being able to use Entourage. Also, It does not alleviate any concerns that other items may be affected. A better option would be proper regression and system testing. It's not like MS Office is a rare, boutique software app.

Ask a Question