opening office 2003 files in office 2008 since snow leopard update

K

kmcgrail

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hi,

I've updated my mac's to snow leopard from leopard, they are running on a windows server 2003 domain connecting through Active Directory. before the update all the macs would open .doc and .docx files, and the same for the other office applications. But now when i select to open a .doc, .xls, .ppt, file they give me an error that says that the "file.doc uses a file type that is blocked from opening in this version." when i select to open the .doc file through finder. when i go to then open the file from word or powerpoint or excel i get the following message. "file.doc" is being used by "another user" do you want to make a copy. i press ok and it then prompts me saying "word cannot open this document. the document might be in use or might not be a valid word document. (file.doc)" i press ok and the file still wont open. however i log into any windows computer on the network or a leopard mac and the document opens every time without any problems.

any chance you could help?

Ask a Question