Outlook 2003 Email Addressee

O

Otto Genf

I'm just starting to use Outlook 2003 after six years with Outlook 2000. When I use the address book to fill in the send to field for an email, it displays both the name (e.g. John Smith) as well as the email address (e.g., johnsmith@ server.net). In Outlook 2000, it would only display the name, but not the address. How can I do the same in Outlook 2003? I'm sure I've not checked a box somewhere along the line, but at this point I'm just overwhelmed so I'm asking the newsgroup. Thanks!

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Outlook 2003 uses the contact's name and email address to create the email display name (because people found email email1, email2 too confusing). You'll need to edit the dispaly as field on each contact to change it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/

I'm just starting to use Outlook 2003 after six years with Outlook 2000. When I use the address book to fill in the send to field for an email, it displays both the name (e.g. John Smith) as well as the email address (e.g., johnsmith@ server.net). In Outlook 2000, it would only display the name, but not the address. How can I do the same in Outlook 2003? I'm sure I've not checked a box somewhere along the line, but at this point I'm just overwhelmed so I'm asking the newsgroup. Thanks!

Ask a Question