Outlook Email Attachments - Specify the Recipient?

A

Ally Jarrett

Hi,
Im currently doing a Data Storage project for my company and one of our biggest problems is Duplication via email attachments. Dealing with this is fine because it will baiscially come down to comms telling people how to use the file link feature & setting up a file transfer folder if folder permissions are a problem.

However one of my problems is that people are lazy and people may want to send email attachments outside of the organisation. Obviously sending email attachments outside the organisation arent a problem, but coming back to the point that people are lazy, thus i have the predicament:
if a person wants to send an email (w/attachment) to both people within and outside the organisation. So is it possible to send an email where an attachment will only be sent to people outside the business & then obviously within the email their will be a link for the people within the business.

or more simply.. can i specify which recipients the attachment is sent to?

thanks

R

Roady [MVP]

Only when you send to emails. Another way to go would be to store "team
documents" on a SharePoint server.

A

Ally Jarrett

hmmm yes i know this feature is available via sharepoint but the slow uptake of the business i work for means sharepoint its not being introduced until 2009.

Well if their is no feature to specify which recipients recieve the attachment then im guessing i will just have to advise employee's that they are gunna have to create 2 emails, 1 for internal purposes & one with the attachment to external sources.

Ask a Question