PPS files not closing properly using hyperlinked 'End Show'

G

gobby

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: intel

On a Powerpoint Slide Show (PPS), using the hyperlink/action 'End Show' closes a slide show - but when you try and open another PPS (or the same one) by double clicking or via launching from another app the file does not open. Powerpoint needs to be closed for any PPS/PPT file to open again. 'End Show' only works properly within a PPS when actioned via 'right-click/end show' or opened via file/open dialog. Any suggestions - Workarounds to make 'End Show' on a link work the same as 'End Show' on a right-click?

N

NancyCho[MSFT]

Hi there, thank you for letting us know of this problem! I have entered this in our database to look into for the future.

In the meantime, could you let me know what it is you are trying to do in that it is important to use the action End Show instead of the context menu? Instead of using End Show link and then opening another pps file, how about using the hyperlink/action to open the other pps file automatically?

If you could tell me more on what you are trying to do, then maybe I could suggest other workarounds.

Thanks!
Nancy

Ask a Question