Printing from Word v.X

C

cfw0047

Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I just upgraded my computer from a PowerBook G4 to a MacMini (Intel based w/Snow Leopard). I had the store I bought the Mac from (authorized Mac folks) migrate my user data to the new computer. This included migrating my vX suite that included Word. Here's the problem:

Most of my documents from Word will not print - when I hit print, the printer (HP Office Jet Pro L7700) spits out a blank page. I've found one document, however, that will print - but I can't figure out what's different about that document? This problem baffled the folks who did the data migration and they suggested I ask the folks who populate this forum whether anyone had some ideas about what do to.

I can print from other programs (like Firefox) so there's nothing wrong with the printer (and like I mentioned, at least one word document will print).

Thank you for any suggestions.

C

CyberTaz

Different programs call for different levels of print services - Browsers
are at the lower end, Word is at the higher end of the food chain :) Check
the HP site for an updated printer driver. (I'm assuming that Office is
fully updated to 10.1.9 which was the final update released for that
version.)

If that isn't the cause of the problem it could well be the result of
migrating certain User files from the older OS to Snow Leopard. See this web
page for the Word v.X files to test:

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/DamagedPrefs.html

C

cfw0047

Bob,

Thank you. I downloaded the most recent printer driver after the migration, and will now check the website you've referenced.

Chris

C

cfw0047

Update:

I went through the progression suggested to no avail but am now going through the other steps suggested.

It now appears as though certain documents will print in Word, while others will not. I will follow the instructions for trying to work around this issue: for example, new documents appear to print fine so I may have to simply create new documents from the old that will not print.

I consider the issue resolved and appreciate all the time and effort you put into volunteering here, Bob. Thank you.

Ask a Question