Printing notes with slides in Powerpoint

L

ljcarter

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hi-
I am trying to print many long powerpoint lectures- I would like to print both the slide and notes that I typed during class. I have achieved this is some rudimentary manner using the print settings. The problems is that the slides end up being really small. Ultimately I would like a vertical page with two or three horizontal slides with notes next to or underneath the slide- similar to the layout preset with tree slides and the blank lines. I looked at the master notes lay out- but could not figure out how to change the page orientation. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

S

Steve Rindsberg

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hi-
I am trying to print many long powerpoint lectures- I would like to print both
the slide and notes that I typed during class. I have achieved this is some
rudimentary manner using the print settings. The problems is that the slides end
up being really small. Ultimately I would like a vertical page with two or three
horizontal slides with notes next to or underneath the slide- similar to the
layout preset with tree slides and the blank lines. I looked at the master notes
lay out- but could not figure out how to change the page orientation. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Check your printer driver settings. Quite a few printers nowadays can do "n-up"
(multiple pages per sheet) printing. If yours offers that option, you can tell
PowerPoint to print Notes Pages and then use the printer's options to put two
"pages" of notes on a single printed sheet.

Keep in mind that while you can't modify the handouts layout, you CAN modify the
notes page master to give you a larger slide image or notes area if you like.

If your printer does't do N-Up printing, make a PDF of notes pages, open in
Acrobat or Reader and see if it allows you to specify multiple pages per sheet (in
my Windows copy of Reader 8, that's in the "Paper Scaling" options box. When you
choose it, a whole bunch more options appear.

Ask a Question