Problem with Exchange 2007 and Entourage 2008 connection

M

mirik

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has seen this issue, or knows the resolution to the problem I'm having.

We have resently upgrade our Exchange server from 2003 to 2007. Before the upgrade my two mac users were using Entourage 2008 over ssl with no problems. After an upgrade they have lost connectivity and can no longer connect Entourage 2008 to their Exchagne 2007 mailbox.

I have tried everything that is my knowledge and can't get it to work, i even tried to connect Entourage over the LAN and still no luck. For all the PC/PDA/iphone users it works fine over the SSL.

I appreciate any help

P

Pawan Kapoor

Try this on your server

Open a browser and visit https://localhost /exchange (Entourage 2008 still relies on exchange virtual directory on the server). Now you should get a prompt. provide the user name and password and you should get redirected to the internal url of your server with /owa and should get a FBA page. Try to login and see if you can access your emails.

You have another option to update Entourage 2008 to the EWS version of Entourage. it's a free update for all the 2008 users and you can find it here www.microsoft.com/mac

Hope this helps.

Pawan
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has seen this issue, or knows the resolution to the problem I'm having.

We have resently upgrade our Exchange server from 2003 to 2007. Before the upgrade my two mac users were using Entourage 2008 over ssl with no problems. After an upgrade they have lost connectivity and can no longer connect Entourage 2008 to their Exchagne 2007 mailbox.

I have tried everything that is my knowledge and can't get it to work, i even tried to connect Entourage over the LAN and still no luck. For all the PC/PDA/iphone users it works fine over the SSL.

I appreciate any help

B

Bobdude

I am seeing a possibly related problem downloading email.

Entourage 13.0.3 (091002) Web Services edition was working just fine for months with the corporate Exchange 2007 infrastructure. - surviving password changes and the like. Then the IT team deployed service pack 2.

Now Entourage will connect, start downloading mail items, then silently fail and restart the download process. The credentials appear to work - as I RANDOMLY DO GET EMAIL (2-3 times a day it works - and I get all the items that were missing). I simply cannot figure out what the magic require to get my email all the time like I used to.

- Clearing mail cache has same problem
- Doesn't appear to be a bad message on the Exchange server as they eventually download.
- Monkeying with the account settings (perhaps causing a new connection attempt) sometimes resolves the problem. (doing things like entering the actual IP address as opposed to the webmail.companyname.com in the URL.
- Restarting Exchange sometimes helps (again I think some connection attempts work, the majority of the time they do not.) Like a race condition I am losing more and more.
- Tried various network routing troubleshooting, looking for a firewall problem timing out the connection to exchange? Problem is - I think I need that timeout to get it to work?

? - Are there new security settings included with Exchange SP2 that need to be changed back for Entourage?
? - Is there a know problem with the mail body getting corrupted?

M

mrspeakers

Clarifying - Problem started with Service Pack 2 was applied to Exchange 2007.

This is the same situation we have, on SP2. Connections are frustratingly intermittent.

Ask a Question