Quits Unexpectedly

B

BigBoiZero

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Every time I try to open any office application it says that it quit unexpectedly and even if you try to relaunch it nothing will happen how do I fix this problem.

C

Clint Browning

So, any suggestions if the above items do not correct the issue? I have completely removed all of anything that says "microsoft" from my computer, .plists, preferences, caches, repaired permissions, defragged, reinstalled the the most applicable combo update (for me it is 10.4.11). I removed all references to microsoft items in the profiles library and in the system library. I then (after many many restarts, reinstall,s and several days chipping away at this) reinstalled again. it is still performing the spontaneous "unexpected quit" behavior. the program (so far with word and excel, I have not used pp yet) merely quits after about 20 seconds or so.

To top it off, the first time I installed, it deleted my 2004 installation that actually was useful. Now I have nothing to use for my schoolwork-after paying many fees to the school for access to the microsoft campus agreement. Please help me correct this issue.
I can be reached with replies here:
(e-mail address removed)

I will attempt to redo this yet again, maybe I missed something...

mac mini@ 1.8Ghz intel core duo, 2gig ram external firewire boot from a ministack v3 160 gig hd, Plextor PX-810UF firewire dvd multi-write daisychained in for optical media functionality (my uj-815 no longer reads or writes dvd media, but seems ok with reading cds --and just out of warranty too!)

Thank you for your help,

Clint Browning

D

Diane Ross

Clint Browning said:
To top it off, the first time I installed, it deleted my 2004 installation
that actually was useful. Now I have nothing to use for my schoolwork-after
paying many fees to the school for access to the microsoft campus agreement.
Please help me correct this issue.
I can be reached with replies here:
(e-mail address removed)

I replied to you off list. I'm sorry you followed the install telling you to
delete Office 2004. That's standard procedure, but with Entourage especially
it's important to keep the old version around until you can get your emails
transferred. Also many users are still using VBA and want Word 2004.

Ask a Question