Sent messages not being put in sent folder

R

rleasure

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I recently upgraded to Entourage 2008 WSE and now whenever I send an email the message is sent, but I do not have a local copy in my sent folder any longer. Inside my preference pane under 'compose' I do have the 'Save copies of sent messages in the Sent Items Folder' option selected. I have also tried adding an outbound email rule to put a copy in the sent items folder, but none of these seem to be working. The only messages I have in my sent folder are those that were there prior to upgrading. Can anyone help?

R

rleasure

Hi Pawan... I could have sworn I posted the solution to this already, but first to answer your question, before fixing my problem the answer was 'i don't know' I didn't check.

That being said the problem was with my rules. In previous releases rules were only one way. The 'exchange rules' section was for inbound emails and then the 'outbound rules' section was for rules before sending. Well it seems in the Entourage 2008 WSE, the 'exchange rules' are now bi-directional. Consequently, a rule that I had for receiving emails that were sent by myself (i.e. I copied a distribution list that I was also on, so I would get the email as part of that distribution) was set to move these messages to the trash and mark them read. So when I was sending emails, it matched that rule and Entourage was simply moving my sent messages to the trash. By adding a new criteria to the rule to look for the 'Received' email header, the rule now only matches on mails received, and so the application now puts my messages in the sent box. Also, I am able to see my sent messages in my local and OWA sent box now. Thanks for taking the time to look at my post.

Rob.

Ask a Question