Sharing a presentation on the web

M

Murrmurr

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hi,
Can you please tell me how to share a secure presentation on the web please? I would like the presentation to appear as it would in Powerpoint (showing animations, transitions, etc) and viewable in windows and mac. How do I go about creating the required space on the web?
Many thanks.

S

Steve Rindsberg

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hi,
Can you please tell me how to share a secure presentation on the web please?

First off, can you explain what you mean by secure? That may have a bearing on where you
go with this.
I would like the presentation to appear as it would in Powerpoint (showing animations,
transitions, etc) and viewable in windows and mac.

Can you assume that your site visitors have PowerPoint? If so, you can upload PPT or PPS
files to your site and link to them. If not, you'll need to convert the presentation to
something else; generally that will result in some loss of features. Other formats may not
support all of PPT's features.
How do I go about creating the required space on the web?

Are you doing this on your own or do you work for/with a company or other institution that
has a web site already?

If on your own, you'd need to set up an account with a web hosting company and upload your
files to the site (they should have instructions for doing this available). Setting up a
web site is a bit beyond the charter of this group.

M

Murrmurr

By secure I mean that the content of the presentation (photos, graphics, etc) can't be copied by the recipients. Similar to a fully protected pdf document.
Thanks.

S

Steve Rindsberg

By secure I mean that the content of the presentation (photos, graphics, etc)
can't be copied by the recipients. Similar to a fully protected pdf document.

You're aware that I *can* copy graphics from even a fully protected PDF?
The result might not be as high-quality, but it can be done.

And while I might not be able to select the text and paste it elsewhere, if you let
me see it, I can always re-type it.

IOW, security depends on what you do and ALSO on how determined your audience is to
get around your best efforts.

Anyhow ...

Since you want to support both Mac and PC, password protected PPT/PPS files are out;
Mac PPT doesn't support them.

What other options are open?

Have a look at the links below this heading:

WEBifying your PowerPoint
http://www.pptfaq.com/index.html#name_WEBifying_your_PowerPoint

Ask a Question