So does Entourage 2008 sync Exchange tasks and categories?

O

ooshnoo

Would be nice to have that much more synchronization between my Windows Mobile phone and my home and office computers.

C

cd

Wow - thanks for asking and providing the answer. I was so sure that this would be addressed in v2008 that I was going to get it without even asking the question. Thanks - looks like it might finally be worth dumping Entourage for the Mac apps. My upgrading was based solely on the Entourage element getting significant upgrade.

O

ooshnoo

yeah I don't get it either. 4 years in development with tasks and categories being constant requests, you'd think they would have been implemented. Figures..

R

RedClaw

I'm waiting for our site license to arrive at our campus so I can call MS and try and get full synchronization added in. I find it disheartening that once again the Mac platform still does not have full support for a product that we have paid good money for.

G

I just called an canceled my order for 2008. Like cd said above... I'm gonna move to the mac apps. I'm not a huge Excel power user so if there is functionality missing in Numbers... I'm sure I can do without.

I really needed a full outlook client on my desktop... and once again... this falls short. I have a Motorola Q smartphone (for work) and I want everything synced to there... so I will just continue to use the MS Exchange Web Application.

Bye bye Office.

G

I can't believe, after all this time, there's no Tasks syncing.

Entourage 08? All hype.

It looks like the best bet is when snerdware comes out with their client for 10.5.

D

Diane Ross

With the new To Do flagging system you'll be able to assign
start/due dates to mail (and contacts) and they will sync to Exchange.
Since many "tasks" are based on e-mails that need action, Entourage 2008's
To Do sync is a way to get around this problem.

M

Michael Jardine

I've actually found this to be very useful. Of course, you can do the same
in Outlook, but it's nice to see it in Entourage now.

W

William Smith

wrote:

Entourage 08? All hype.

It looks like the best bet is when snerdware comes out with their client
for 10.5.

Please be sure to let Microsoft know you'd like to see task syncing in
future versions by using the Help --> Send Feedback mechanism in any
Office application. The more noise the better!

--

bill

William M. Smith, Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows
Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>

E

Eric T.

All that time you spent making MyDay so sweet is completely USELESS. I have three computers -- home, office, and MacBook (for on the road), plus my BlackBerry. If data doesn't sync between them, it's 100% USELESS to me.

Can someone from Microsoft please commit to when tasks &amp; notes will sync? If not, as others have said, I'm going to dump my BlackBerry for an iPhone, dump Exchange Server, and just use .Mac and the Mac apps and/or maybe Google.

That's a big pain, I don't want to do it, and Microsoft will lose Exchange revenue as well as Entourage licenses. Lose-Lose!

But seriously, I talked with two Entourage people at Macworld at the Microsoft booth and it was NOT encouraging -- no one could commit to when this HUGE and fatal omission would be corrected.

Sounds like Microsoft is asking me to wait for Office 2012 (yep, that would be the next version). One of the guys told me it was a "tough problem". Geesh! Just sync the suckers with Exchange. All that manpower spent bringing crap like Messenger and it could have been done.

Microsoft isn't taking Exchange seriously on Mac. My vote is Mac.

Oh, and there's NO ability to archive Exchange data to the Mac, either. Cripes!

Either tell us when Exchange will be supported FOR REAL on the Mac, or I'm ripping out Exchange. Sync is the # 1 feature so many of us rely on, and if Office 2008 cannot integrate Macs into the groupware environment (or even sync a stand-alone user like me), something is SERIOUSLY wrong.

So how about it, can someone at Microsoft make a commitment to this? I am not waiting for the next major version. SYNC TASKS AND NOTES BY A COMMITTED DEADLINE ASAP, PLEASE!!

T

Ted B

Just one more voice of a disappointed user who was waiting for Office 2008 JUST for Entourage to be able to do the basic operations I take for granted in Outlook. Looks like they're not there, which means no upgrade for me.

Guess I'll use iWork instead (which I already have) and run Outlook (2003 on XP - no upgrade revenue there) in Parallels. MS have truly dropped the ball on this one.

One more user done with Office!

A

Andy Ruff

Ted,

It would help us to know which Exchange features you¹re interested in for
Entourage so that we can prioritize them with our development.

-Andy

Lead Program Manager, Entourage
Macintosh Business Unit, Microsoft

G

I ordered the upgrade and just cancelled based on this information. I use a BB and wanted o sync tasks using Entourage. Now I really see no reason for me to upgrade. I make very light use of the other programs. I am disappointed.

J

Jay.Eagleson

I ordered the upgrade and just cancelled based on this information. I use a BB and wanted o sync tasks using Entourage. Now I really see no reason forme to upgrade. I make very light use of the other programs. I am disappointed.

My Day is USELESS without exchange server support to most, if not all
users!

A

Andy Ruff

My Day will show your Exchange flagged mail, contacts, and events, all of
which synchronize with Exchange. I agree it's a limitation for tasks, but
it's not completely useless for Exchange users.

-Andy

F

Frustrated!!!

Could someone at Microsoft please be accountable and commit to when "sync Exchange tasks and categories" issue will be resolved or at least give us an explanation as to why it was not added?????

M

Michel Bintener

You should keep an eye on MacMojo, the official company blog. In the mean
time, click on Send Feedback on Entourage inside Entourage's help menu to
send Microsoft your feedback.

Could someone at Microsoft please be accountable and commit to when "sync
Exchange tasks and categories" issue will be resolved or at least give us an
explanation as to why it was not added?????

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP
Office:Mac (Entourage & Word)

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

Ask a Question