Sync Entourage calendar on two machines

B

bodsham

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel
Email Client: imap

I've just set off on a business trip using Entourage on my MacBook Pro for the first time. Surprise, surprise, it's a mess. I sync calendars with iCal so I get the same one on the road. Works fine if I use iCal as my main calendar of course.
My desktop - as is well covered here - will only put events into one calendar in iCal - Entourage, which it creates. Fine - I have learned to live with this. However, Entourage on my MacBook also creates a calendar called Entourage in iCal and refuses to read the events created by my desktop, even though they have the same calendar name. So I now have to calendars called Entourage and my scheduling is a mess.
Is there some way of forcing my MacBook to read the original existing iCal Entourage calendar. I have tried deleting the new calendar it creates from the MacBook but this still doesn't work - it won't read the proper calendar.
I really am beginning to wonder if Office 2008 is worth all the considerable trouble.

B

bodsham

Have just discovered this too... I now have three duplicate copies for every name in my address book. Thanks a million, Microsoft. This software is utter rubbish - I am gone back to Address Book, Mail and iCal - and I've given up on Word too. This is the last MS product I ever buy - a total waste of money.

Ask a Question