task and timeframe tracking - one to many

B

bazango

Help! This has to be simpler than I am making it!

In a single submission to an .mdb, I need: a single date; several agenda items; several tasks for each agenda item.

Is there no easy way to do this in InfoPath? Do my users really need to reenter the date and agenda item for each and every task?

I have combed OfficeOnline and the web in general, and haven't found anything that maps onto this problem. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

SB

S

Steve van Dongen [MSFT]

Help! This has to be simpler than I am making it!

In a single submission to an .mdb, I need: a single date; several agenda items; several tasks for each agenda item.

Is there no easy way to do this in InfoPath? Do my users really need to reenter the date and agenda item for each and every task?

Does your database have a date associated with every task and agenda
item?

If you want just a single date then I'd say you need another object in
your database design, say a Meeting object, which a meeting has the
date and any agenda items associated with it.

Regards,
Steve

S

Steve van Dongen [MSFT]

bazango said:
Thanks! Sorry to be slow, but, by object, do you mean another column in my table? I may be just completely missing the boat, here. I want a single date, associated with several agenda items, associated to multiple tasks per agenda item. So for each meeting, there might be twenty rows each having the same date, associated with maybe five sets of four rows each; that is, five agenda items with four tasks per agenda item. Should I be thinking differently about how to relate table rows? Maybe I'm doing this all wrong, but it works if I build recursive sections from a blank form. I just can't figure out how to do it from a database connection.

Thanks,

SB

I mean add another table.

Meetings
- MeetingPk
- Date

AgendaItems
- AgendaItemPk
- MeetingPk
- Whatever

Tasks
- TaskPk