Unclear change tracking process

Reaction score
I use Word as part of Microsoft Office 365 and I have a few questions regarding change tracking in Word. Enabling the tracking mode is not a problem, but while working with it, the following points came up:
1. Is it possible that let's say 5 people are working on the document (and their changes are tracked) at the same time, but only one of the 5 people is allowed to accept or reject those changes at the end?
2. if I change a sentence and make another change to the changed sentence later (without the first change having been accepted or rejected beforehand), a deletion is tracked, but an added word is not (which is then part of the first change); this is problematic if, for example, one word is replaced by another.
3. if I add a comment while editing a document - how can it be that another person who is also allowed to edit the document can change my comment (by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner -> Edit comment)? That another person can reply to my comment is OK, but changing my comment (without it being stated who changed it)? What would a reasonable UseCase for that look like?
Thanks in advance for tipps. Best regards, Paul

Ask a Question