Unstoppable root certificate error

B

bsgraupner

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I'm using Entourage 2008 with Snow Leopard and I can't get rid of this root certificate error.

My administrator says I shouldn't need it but he sent it anyway. I installed it into keychain under login and told it to always trust every field- no luck. Duplicated it into system and microsoft certificates- still no luck. I found a program in the office folder called microsoft cert manager based on a troubleshooting guide I found online for 2004 Ent- no luck after installing it there either.

So now I can see the certificate installed in everywhere I know it's supposed to be installed but it still gives me the error message: Unable to establish a secure connection to exchange.xxxxxxxxx.xom because the correct root certificate is not installed. If you continue, the information you view will be encrypted, but it will not be secure."

I have followed Entourage's instructions for solving this in Tiger and Leopard (there are no snow instructions) to no avail. Thanks for the help.

B

bsgraupner

Sorry- using exchange 2007 and no Outlook in Parallels nor Mail have any similar errors.

P

Pawan Kapoor

Entourage must be looking for the autodiscover certificate name on the
certificate.

Are you using EWS version of Entourage or Entourage 2008?
Can you share the OWA URL with me?

B

bsgraupner

I am using Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition. I'd prefer not to share the url just because I'm not the admin and I don't know what sort of liability that would give me.

A

AETech

I am using Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition. I'd prefer not to share the url just because I'm not the admin and I don't know what sort of liability that would give me.

- Show quoted text -

I am having what sounds like the same problem with Entourage 2008 and
Snow Leopard. The error I get sounds the same and it is trying to find
the certificate from "smtp.l.google.com" and "imap.l.google.com".
I have checked my settings several times using Gmails recommendations
for both email settings (smtp and Imap) and even though my settings
show "smtp.google.com" it still comes up looking for
smtp.l.google.com. I am not sure why the "l" is being added, I think
it has something to do with the server in the U.S. as opposed to
overseas servers.
I am at a loss of how to resolve this. I have set up the same account
in apple mail and the certificate is installed fine and works as
advertised but Entourage gives me the error.
If I cancel the error it will come back everytime it tries to send/
receive but if I hit OK it will work fine until I restart Entourage.
I hope this sheds some light on the problem for those more
knowledgeable than myself about this problem.
Thanks for any help you can send.

Ask a Question