Visio 2003 Database problems with bigint identity

W

winninghamw

I upgraded from Visio 2002 Enterprise to Visio 2003 Enterprise and it won't allow me to save a bigint identity column for my database diagram. If I try to do it manually, after clicking Ok to save, it resets to an int identity

I converted my 2002 format database diagram and the bigint columns remained, but when I try to refresh the database it says there are differences with the bigint identity columns. When I do the refresh, it converts them to int identity. Once there, it does not see any differences with my database even though the database has bigint identity columns and Visio now shows them as int's

I'm hoping this is a bug, but I haven't been able to find any issues about it on MSDN, Technet or the MS support site. Has anyone else run into this? Can someone verify it as an issue?

S

Scot Becker

I upgraded from Visio 2002 Enterprise to Visio 2003 Enterprise and it
won't allow me to save a bigint identity column for my database diagram. If
I try to do it manually, after clicking Ok to save, it resets to an int
identity.

Make sure your SQL Driver options are set for SQL 2000 and not 7.0

Hope that helps,
Scot.
Scot Becker

Orthogonal Software
www.orthogonalsoftware.com

ORM Blog: www.objectrolemodeling.com

To e-mail me, please use my first name at the domain listed above. All mail
sent to the reply-to address gets routed to a junk e-mail folder where it
will likely be deleted without being read.

W

winnighamw

It is set to SQL 2000. I can select a bigint as an identity field. It's just that when I click to save it, it saves as an int instead.

Ask a Question