Visio 2019 crashes when attempting to open drawing.

Reaction score
Hello all. My Visio 2019 is crashing when I attempt to open drawings. These drawing opened fine with 2016. Currently running Office 365ProPlus.
The Files are in .vdmx but I've converted them to .vmd and Visio still crashes when opening them.

For testing. I've pulled these drawing off a back up server, thing that the ones on my laptop might be corrupted somehow, but the backups also crash Visio. Others can open these drawing just fine, so its unlikely its the file, unless there is come kind of corrupt meta data on my pc that associates with them that I don't have a good understanding of.

For troubleshooting, I've turned off Graphic acceleration and plugins in the trust center. I also have updated the graphics card drivers. Visio doesn't crash with an error...it crashes with not responding and the process cant even be ended in Task manager.

Finally, this started happening after MS September updates, but ive found no evidence that the updates have a bug related to Visio breaking.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question