What is the point of a form connected to dataset/web service, if you cannot have rich text fields.

G

G. Tarazi

If I knew that, I would've not wasted hours of work today, but what can I do, another limitation by InfoPath!

1- Create a typed dataset with the proper comments fields, as described in the Microsoft support.

2- Create a web service that will return the dataset as the result of the web service.

3- Create an InfoPath form from that web service.

The results: The comment nodes are useless; they will appear as a repeatable section.

As much as I try to think about these rich text boxes, I am still not getting it, what was the point of storing them as xhtml directly inside the xml this way?

Ok, keep this option open, but why shouldn't InfoPath be able to serialize them as just normal string?

Now if that was Linux (Open Source) I will simple open the software code, add a check box (serialize tostring) to the rich text box, and the proper functions (which will be couple of lines of code), and that's it; but since this is Microsoft, I should complain here, then wait 2 years for the next release, and perhaps then I may find the feature, or maybe not.

I

Inbar

You can solve this by extracting the form files and manualy editing the xsl.
Maybe you can use Emacs for that....

G

G. Tarazi

Do you mean it is possible to bind a rich text box to a string element in
the xsd, or you are just guessing!

What about when I open the form from the designer again, can I modify it
without breaking the binding? , and about the rest of the rich text box
functionality, will it work?

Thanks

Inbar said:
You can solve this by extracting the form files and manualy editing the xsl.
Maybe you can use Emacs for that....
getting it, what was the point of storing them as xhtml directly inside the
xml this way?code, add a check box (serialize tostring) to the rich text box, and the
proper functions (which will be couple of lines of code), and that's it; but
since this is Microsoft, I should complain here, then wait 2 years for the
next release, and perhaps then I may find the feature, or maybe not

Ask a Question