WMF file in Word 2007. Can't print to postscript printers

B

bkwilliamz

I have a large number on documents created in earlier versions of Word (2003,
2000,etc). They all print fine out of those versions. I upgrade to 2007, and
all images placed in my documents as wmf's(logos spreadsheet, etc), print as
black boxes on all postscript printers. If I print to Adobe's PDF Writer, I
get the same thing. If I print the document to a PCL printer, it prints fine.
EMF's, BMP's, TIF's all seem OK. The problem only occurs with WMF's.
I have replicated this on multiple documents, new and old, and on postscript
printers from several different manufacturers. I've tested this on several
PC's also both in and outside my company. Same problem on a new build, as
well as with all the patches and service packs installed.
I can't convert every single image to an EMF. Way to many files to even try.
Any ideas are welcome!
Please Help!

S

Shane R

Description of the Excel 2007 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package: February 15, 2008

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=948954

SUMMARY
This article describes the Microsoft Office Excel 2007 post-Service Pack 1 issues that are fixed in the hotfix package that is dated February 15, 2008.
Back to the top

INTRODUCTION
List of issues that are fixed
This hotfix fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:• In Excel 2007, you set the color of a cell to light green, and then you save the workbook in the Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls) or Excel Workbook (*xlsx) file format. However, when you open the file in Microsoft Office Excel 2003, the color of the cell is now yellow.
• You copy a range of cells from Excel 2007, and then you open a Microsoft Office Word 2007 document or a Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 presentation. On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, you click Paste, and then you click Paste Special. In the Paste As list, you select Picture (Windows Metafile), and then you click OK. A picture of the cells appears. Then you print the document or the presentation to a PostScript printer. However, the picture of the cells prints as a black rectangle.

Ask a Question