Word 2008 Spingle Spacing Problem

C

Chadian19

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have been searching throughout the internet and these forums for an answer to my problem, but have not found one yet.

I want to single space a document, but no matter what my "Paragraph" settings are set to, the text appears to be somewhere in between single and 1.5 spacing.

I know for a lot of people, simply changing the "Paragraph > Indents and Spacing > Spacing > After" setting to "0" solves the problem. I have done this, and the text DOES come closer together, but it is still more than single spacing.

How do I know this? When I compare a "single spaced" document from Word 2008 (OSX) to one from Word 2007 (Vista), the difference is obvious. In fact, all of the spacing options (single, 1.5, double) seem more extreme on 2008 than 2007.

If anyone knows what the problem is, or if it's a problem at all, please let me know. I would like to correct this, because right now, I type my document on my MacBook Pro, then I have to transfer it over to my Vista PC to correct it.

Please HELP

C

CyberTaz

Are you making the comparison based on printed documents or based on what
you see on the respective monitors?

If on-screen there are a number of factors that may cause deception
including resolution of the displays, fonts on each system, etc.

Documents sent to different printers -- even from the same computer -- may
also differ to some degree. However, on today's systems line spacing is
rather accurate & consistent based on the typesetting specification of
'Leading'. Single spaced amounts to 120% of the largest font size used on
the line, so for single spacing on any system for any given font size, 120%
of that font size is 120% of of that font size. Paragraph Spacing
[Before:/After:] is additional space added between paragraphs based on the
line spacing value. It has no impact on the spacing of lines within a
multiline paragraph.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac