Word 2008: Standard and Formatting toolbarsnot visible - but they're switched on!

I

iCowboy

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is to do with the latest update, but all of a sudden my Standard and Formatting toolbars have vanished from the top of the Word window. Instead, whenever I open a Word document I get the entirely useless Elements bar (the one that reads Document Elements | Quick Tables and so on).

If I go to [View] [Toolbars...] both the Standard toolbar and the Formatting toolbar are switched on. If I toggle the checkboxes and turn them off then on, they re-appear, but crunched over on the left-hand side of the window so that I can only see [New] [Open] and then there's the >> icon.

If I then click in the window, the whole toolbar then reappears and everything is normal.

I've tried [View] [Customise Toolbars and Menus...] then selected each toolbar in turn and clicked [Reset] then [OK], but that hasn't fixed it.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Mike.

C

CyberTaz

Have you tried clicking the oblong button at the right end of the Title Bar?
If that isn't the fix are you using Spaces?

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

I

iCowboy

Have you tried clicking the oblong button at the right end of the Title Bar?

Well I don't remember clicking the oblong button, but clicking it again seems to bring back my toolbars.

Thanks!

Mike.

Ask a Question