word document

D

DeadSea

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi,
Is there a way I can create a list with boxes instead of bullets or numbers? I want to make a check list.
Thanks for your help

M

Michel Bintener

Hi,

create a list, then select all the items and click on Format>Bullets and
Numbering. Select any one of the styles displayed, then click on the
Customize button. In the new window that opens, click on Bullet and choose
one of the symbols that looks like a box. Click on OK twice, and you're back
in your document, with your list formatted as a check list.

Alternatively, you might want to investigate Notebook Layout View in Word,
which even allows you to check list items on your computer.

D

DeadSea

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I tried what you mentioned and it didn't work. First, I went to format>bullets and the other styles offered looked nothing like boxes. The second suggestion of Notebook layout didn't work either. Any other suggestions? This seems like one of those things that should not be this difficult. I tried inserting small text boxes in "tight" format, but they didn't fit right, and they would move the format of the document around.
Frustrating...

D

DeadSea

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I tried what you mentioned and it didn't work. First, I went to format>bullets and the other styles offered looked nothing like boxes. The second suggestion of Notebook layout didn't work either. Any other suggestions? This seems like one of those things that should not be this difficult. I tried inserting small text boxes in "tight" format, but they didn't fit right, and they would move the format of the document around.
Frustrating...

Ask a Question