Access 2007 Corrupt VB Project

A

Alan Mintaka

Hi Everyone,

When I tried to open an Access 2007 database I had been working on, I got a message saying that the
database couldn't be opened because the Visual Basic project in the database was corrupt.

It gave me the option to press "OK" and lose all the VB modules in the database, or press "cancel",
get out of Access, and make a backup of the database.

I did this, then tried to reopen the original database. I got the same message about corruption.
This time I pressed "OK", and sure enough, all the VB code was gone.

I found a KB article on the MSDN site that suggested opening Access with the "/decompile" switch.
After that, I was supposed to open the VB editor via ALT-F11, open the Debug menu, and use the
"compile <database name>" option.

When I followed these steps exactly as written, I was able to open Access and get into the VB
editor. However, the "compile" option in the Debug menu was grayed out. I looked around the menus
in the editor and couldn't find a way to import or open the project. I got out of the editor
(without exiting Access) and tried to open the database in Access, but I got the same error message
and options, so I got out of Access again.

Next I restarted Access with the "/decompile" switch and added the name of the database to the
command line. This time I got the message about a corrupted VB project on startup, and that I could
either press "OK" to open the database but lose all the VB code, or "Cancel" and exit Access to make
a backup.

Whatever, I can't get the workaround in the KB article to work. I would like to be able to get to
the VB code in that project to save it somehow, but right now it seems as though I can't.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks to all for taking the time to read this. Have a good day!

N

Nicole

Alan:

I'm concerned that I'm having a similar problem and wanted to know if you've
found a resolution. Thanks.

Nicole

Ask a Question