Automatic import of information into Excel?!?

E

Egill

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I've got an HTML form on my website that is automatically emailed to me. I don't wish to have to manually Copy and Paste all the information into the Excel file, so I was wondering, Is there any way of automatically importing some information into Excel with AppleScript? I mean, its emailed to me with a "=" between the name of the text field and the info inserted, so it should be some way of doing this automatically! Something like an Apple Script file or an Automator workflow!

Thanks for helping!

E

Egill Sigurður

Nope.

I ended up teaching myself PHP (learned it here: php.about,com) which works like this:
You hit enter on your HTML form and the information automatically goes into a database (called a MySQL database) where you can view it instantly after someone submits something.
Then you can export the MySQL database over to an Excel file (that's what I did).

PHP and MySQL support is normally a standard at all web hosts. But if you're running you're own server just download PHP (www.php.net) and MySQL (www.mysql.com).

It is very easy to configure. I don't understand all of the code I use, just very very little, but it works!!

So go to <http://php.about.com/od/phpbasics/ss/mysql_files.htm> and find out all about PHP form processing!

Ask a Question