Automator Delete Cell

L

levinson

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I'm trying to create an Automator workflow that will open an Excel file, highlight cell A1, copy the contents and delete the cell (moving the contents up from A2 to A1). The contents are put in the clipboard, a database is opened, a field is highlighted, and the clipboard contents are then pasted into that cell. Several other actions follow, then the whole thing is repeated. The DB field is the number of a record in the DB. I need to go into several records and change one piece of data (for instance "30" to "32"). the workflow would use the numbers in Excel to change records in the DB. Am I making myself clear?

I'm using "Watch Me Do" and get "The action "Watch Me Do" encountered an error. Check the action's properties and try running the workflow again" after copying the cell to the clipboard.

Anyway, I just need to copy a cell's contents then delete that cell. I can get the cell copied, but no further. Any ideas? Thanks.

Ask a Question