Cannot update links to Excel anymore

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using Office 2007 and have a pptx with ~30 links (graphs) to 3 different xlsm files.
At the very beginning. it was possible to have the excel files open while opening pptx and updating the links.
Suddenly I always got the error message "file already open" - which then required me to let the excel files being closed prior starting updating the links (unfortunately as the excesl files are ~8MB size each residing on a server share this step changed the update link time from ~5 min to ~60 min as for each linked graph the excel file is opened, link is updated and the file is closed :-(

But recently even this does not work anymore - now I even get this "file already open" error when having all excel files closed, no xls instance running during updating the links - which now requires me to manually walk throug the pptx, click each graph and select "update link" :-(

Any suggestions what the issue might be and how I could go back to the automatic updat procedure?

Thanks for any help.

Ask a Question