Can't import mail from Entourage 2004 into Entourage 2008?

V

V.I._Chapayev

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Entourage 2008 kept crashing, when trying to use my Entourage 2004 identity. An answer on this forum suggesting creating a new identity. That worked, now Entourage 2008 runs. But ten years of e-mail are now inaccessible! I tried "Import" to create a new identity from my 2004 identity, but the new identity crashes. Is there a way to import just the "Database" of e-mail from my 2004 identity, leaving the "Mailing Lists," "Rules," and "Signatures"? Or is there another way to import mail without importing the identity. I tried repairing and optimizing the database but that didn't help.

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Entourage 2008 kept crashing, when trying to use my Entourage 2004
identity. An answer on this forum suggesting creating a new identity.
That worked, now Entourage 2008 runs. But ten years of e-mail are now
inaccessible! I tried "Import" to create a new identity from my 2004
identity, but the new identity crashes. Is there a way to import just
the "Database" of e-mail from my 2004 identity, leaving the "Mailing
Lists," "Rules," and "Signatures"? Or is there another way to import
mail without importing the identity. I tried repairing and optimizing
the database but that didn't help.

I suspect that your 2004 identity is corrupted...
Do you still ahve Office 2004?? Can you export everything from Entourage
2004 in an archive and reimport in 2008??
You could also try launching 2004 pressing the Option key down to
attempt to rebuild the identity,

Corentin

V

V.I._Chapayev

I used Apple Mail to import the Entourage 2004 mail database. Then I used Entourage 2008 to import the mail from Apple Mail. Now I have all my mail in Entourage 2008. But I have a new problem: Entourage 2008 receives mail but won't send mail. Apple Mail is both sending and receiving. I set up the account in Entourage 2008 exactly the same as the Apple Mail account. I looked on the Comcast website but they only explain how to set up Apple Mail and Outlook Express.

V

V.I._Chapayev

I stand corrected...Entourage 2008 just sent an e-mail. It looks like everything is working, thanks!

Ask a Question