Database Daemon Fatal Error

A

Alisha

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Email Client: pop

I use Entourage for three different accounts. One POP account and two IMAP accounts. Today I attached a huge .mov file that was like 512MB and tried sending it from my POP account. Right after, Entourage would freeze and the wheel would begin spinning. I would leave it alone and let it do it's thing. Well, I wasn't done with the email, so I saved it in the 'Drafts'folder. That also took a little while (couple mins). When I tried pulling the email back up to finish and send it, the program starting freezing again. So I just decided to send the message from my service provider online. Well, now when I go into Entourage, and if I try to delete messages from my 'deleted items' folder, a message pops up, has me click 'OK', and ends the program. I even tried deleting the account that I tried sending the huge attachment from (POP account), and each time, this same message pops up. I restarted Entourage, and my computer, it doesn't matter. I could also be typing an email from another one of my accounts (IMAP account), and this message would just pop up out of no where. I checked the database to see if there was anything damaged or corrupt, but it said that my database was running correctly. I even tried checking for updates, but there were none available at the time. This is what the message says: Database Daemon Fatal Error: The database Daemon has encountered an unknown error. The daemon will need to quit and Entourage may need to be force quit.

Can anyone help me with this problem? Any suggestions? I would really hate to rebuild my database. I have so much information in Entourage.

D

Diane Ross

Hold down the Shift key at startup - like "Extensions Off" when starting up
your Mac. This allows Entourage to launch without crashing in situations
like this. You could then turn off Preview Pane and try deleting the
messages. If this fails, I would recommend rebuilding the database. However,
before you rebuild, I would create a new Identity, enter the account info
and see if you have problems there. If you do, then you need to delete from
your sever via your browser.

How to rebuild:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/database/rebuild.html>

Ask a Question