Entourage always logs on first when starting the computer

C

Claude_Mercier

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

Entourage has the unfortunate feature of logging on first each time I start the iMac anew. It is annoying when you do not actually need it particularly as it takes ages to log. Is there a way to de-activate the startup function. I have tried several methods like checking the startup items in the Mac system preferences; also de-activating the "open at login" in the dock (actually it never shows that it is activated for login); also by checking all the Entourage program preferences. I am at a loss and annoyed enough to want to change to another mail program. Can anyone help, please? I thank you in advance.

L

Laeeq_Humam

Entourage has the unfortunate feature of logging on first each time I start the iMac anew. It is annoying when you do not actually need it particularly as it takes ages to log. Is there a way to de-activate the startup function. I have tried several methods like checking the startup items in the Mac system preferences; also de-activating the "open at login" in the dock (actually it never shows that it is activated for login); also by checking all the Entourage program preferences. I am at a loss and annoyed enough to want to change to another mail program. Can anyone help, please? I thank you in advance.

L

Laeeq_Humam

Entourage has the unfortunate feature of logging on first each time I start the iMac anew. It is annoying when you do not actually need it particularly as it takes ages to log. Is there a way to de-activate the startup function. I have tried several methods like checking the startup items in the Mac system preferences; also de-activating the "open at login" in the dock (actually it never shows that it is activated for login); also by checking all the Entourage program preferences. I am at a loss and annoyed enough to want to change to another mail program. Can anyone help, please? I thank you in advance.Please respond if issue is not resolved.

Laeeq Humam
<http://blog.macmasters.net>

C

Claude_Mercier

Unfortunately not a solution. I had tried that sometime ago upon a suggestion from a French mac forum called "Forum Avosmac - MacDebrouille". I am thinking now of re-installing Office 2008 and see what happens. Many thanks for your response.

D

Diane Ross

Entourage has the unfortunate feature of logging on first each time I start
the iMac anew.

Check for some third-party applications that schedule events.
MenuCalendarClock can launch Entourage every time it checks for events
(whether or not you have set are any events for Entourage). Other possible
culprits: EntourageABMenu, Quicksilver, LaunchBar, iKey, Keyboard Maestro.

You can do a quick test to eliminate any startup items.

1) Log out of your User's account
2) Hold down Shift key when logging back in. (this disables all startup
items including the hidden ones)

Does Entourage launch now? If no, then you know it's a startup item.

Ask a Question