Excel 2007 Access the Content Created File property in vba

T

the_iddiot

Hi

I have just changed job and have upgraded from excel 2003 to 2007 and I useto use the date created property in getfile().datecreated to find out whenthe workbook was created now this doesn’t work

Say for instance the original creator creates a workbook and then emails itto me when i open that workbook the creation date changes to the time I opened it.

I have noticed another property in the file properties menu for the workbook of content created which is the correct date that i want to use.

My question is how can I access this property so I can see how old a file is rather than when I created it on my computer or if there is another way to see how old the workbook is that would be also greatly appreciated.

Regards
Kelvan

T

the_iddiot

scratch the above i have done some mroe playing and it appears the value ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(11).Value is the content created date not the date created date in the properties menu

though i am getting an error

method value of object documentproperty failed

on any files i create but i dont need to worry about that for what i need to do

information posted if anyone else is having an issue

C

Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Tue, 24 Jul 2012 15:54:32 -0700 (PDT) schrieb (e-mail address removed):
scratch the above i have done some mroe playing and it appears the value ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(11).Value is the content created date not the date created date in the properties menu

though i am getting an error

method value of object documentproperty failed

try:
ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(11)

Regards
Claus Busch

T

the_iddiot

that made no difference positively or negatively to the result still works for others spreadsheets but not mine

Regards
Kelvan

Ask a Question