Filling infopath Form with existing values from SqlServer

R

Ray Padilla

First I am a Lotus Notes Developer and we are transitioning to Sharepoint and Infopath so I am learning as I go, my issue:
I have exported some data from a Notes db into SQL I have created a form on infopath that I need to display this data, I have a drop down that contains employee names (need to get that to display the name only one) I want to be able to select the name of the person and show all the assets this person has, I'd also like to select a specific asset and display the owner asset number etc. One person may own many assets, so I'd need to display all the assets. If the manager wants to see the number of Dell laptops we have the drop down for hardware would display Dell Laptops they select that and I get a list of all the Dell laptops and who owns them etc....I can do this in notes in about 10 minutes I have NO idea how to do this in infopath.

Ask a Question