font size in .rtf format

S

Shane_McCune

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I'm a freelance journalist whose principal client requires copy filed in Times New Roman 12 pt. and in .rtf format, so those are my default settings.
My problem: When I cut and paste text from another source (e.g., email, a website or even another Word document), each chunk of imported text appears in a larger type size than the one before. That is, the first para that I typed remains in 12 pt., the next para, imported from another source, is in 13 pt., the third in 14 pt. and so on.
I use the toolbar to make text conform to style as I go along, but no matter how many times I do this and save, it's in the wrong font size when I open it again.
This glitch doesn't seem to happen if I leave an article in .doc format or set it in 11 pt., but that doesn't suit my client.
This is not an issue on my iBook G4 with Tiger, just my new 20" iMac with Leopard.

C

CyberTaz

Hi Shane -

Instead of a regular Paste use Edit> Paste Special - Unformatted Text.

Alternatively, if you have Show Paste Options Button checked in Word>
Preferences> Edit the button will appear at the end of the pasted content.
Click the button after you paste & select Match Destination Formatting.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question