(headers & footers Issue) I have 2 even pages back to back!!

Reaction score
Hi All, New member here :)

I have a document which is split up into many different Sections, which have their own page numbering.

For some reason, at the beginning of one of the sections it keeps starting on page 2, which it is an odd page. so on activating the Headers & Footers bit, it seems that the new section has been started as an even section break when it should be an odd section break, thus I have 2 even pages back to back, accordingly messing up my page numbers.

Each time I remove the even section break to replace it with an Odd section break, all the details in the Headers disappear!!

How can I change this even page into an odd page, in order to correct the page numbers. I would over-ride it, but the document is a template for a team to use, so need it to be as automated as possible.

any advice would be greatly appreciated, as word makes me swear :mad: a lot!!!

cheers

Donna

Reaction score
SORTED IT

Basically you need to be on the next character after the incorrect Section Brea, select layout from the top ribbon tab, and then select the bottom right hand arrow on the Layout tab, on the popup window select layout (again), then in the dropbox for Section Start, select the correct section break you require, then ok.

Ask a Question