How to Update Very Outdated Office 2004 Version 11.0?

K

karenthewriter

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)

Hopefully I can ask my question, and give relevant information without confusing everyone.

I was informed that my workplace computer's Office 2004, Version 11.0, is very outdated. I went to the apple.com site and learned that in order to download Office 2004 version 11.5.4, version 11.3.8 had to have been previously installed.

I was later informed that older updates were still available, and that I should go to the Help menu in Word and select "Check for Updates." I did that and got the message that there were no updates available at this time.

Next I selected "Downloads and Updates" in the Help menu, and I was sent to this Mactopia site. I saw there were 5 Office 2004 updates that could be downloaded, from 11.5.4 all the way back to 11.5.0. Since my Office 2004 is so outdated should I begin with the earlier 11.5.0 and then go to the newest version? I clicked on 11.5.0 to see what the requirements were. It stated that OS X 10.2.8 or later was needed, but I could see nothing about needing a particular Office 2004 version.

How should I go about updating my Office 2004?

D

Diane Ross

How should I go about updating my Office 2004?

Listed in order needed with links:

<http://tinyurl.com/cpvjux>

When installing updates be sure you quit all Microsoft applications
including the hidden ones. Easy way: Log out, when logging in hold down the
shift key. This disable all log items including the hidden ones. Restart
after updating.

K

karenthewriter

I wasn't able to log back on while holding down the shift key, but I did log out and then log back on. I updated using the oldest Office 2004 update, 11.5.0. I figure I'll use that for a week or two and then go the newest update.

Thank you for your help.

Ask a Question