Hello all, I'm new to Word macros so, please let me know if this is
not do able. I need to insert 2 columns in a Word table any
assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ron

J

Jay Freedman

Hello all, I'm new to Word macros so, please let me know if this is
not do able. I need to insert 2 columns in a Word table any
assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ron

It certainly is doable, but we'd need to know a fair bit more about exactly what you want to do. For example:

- Are you inserting two new columns into an existing table, or just creating a new table with only two columns?

- Assuming it's an existing table being modified, where do you want the new columns to go -- at the left side, at the right side, or between two existing columns? If the last, then between which
columns?

- Again assuming it's an existing table, what do you want to do about the widths of the old and new columns, and the total width of the table?

- Again assuming it's an existing table, does the table have any split or merged cells, either horizontally or vertically? For some reason, VBA generally refuses to work with columns or rows in tables
with split or merged cells, so that would probably make the code much more complicated if it could be done at all.

R

Ron

Hi Jay, thanks for the info. I'll get what you asked for and post a
little later today. Thank you, Ron

Ask a Question