Installation guide for MS Project Server in Windows 2003 Server

R

Renaud Montes

Hi there,

I have just succesfully installed MS Project Server in Windows 2003 server, but I have also
found that the MS Official stuff is somewhat confusing, so I decided to prepare a guide for those
who are in my case:

My scenario:
3 PM
40 Team members
5 Projects

1 Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server (P4 2.5 Ghz, 2G RAM, 30 GB free space)
for MS Project server, STS and SQL Server 2000 SP3a

Here is the link to the guide: http://www.enseit.com/pm/projectserver/

Let me know If you find it helpful

Renaud

--
DISCLAIMER
The message represents the personal views and opinion of the individual sender and under no circumstances represents those of Hutchison Port Holdings Limited ("HPH") or its Group Companies. The shareholders, directors and management of HPH and any of its Group Companies accept no responsibility and accordingly shall have no liability to any party whatsoever with respect to the contents of this message.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above. It may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,retention, disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us immediately.

G

Gary Chefetz [MVP]

Renaud:

Very nice document, however a few points:

1) Isolation mode is not necessary unless you've got some specific reason other than Project Server
2) You should state that FP extensions should not be installed
3) You specify manual database creation. Why make this more difficult? Automatic from the installation routine works fine.
4) Your account creation recommendation will work only on a single-box installation - you should note this
5) I recommend not installing STS on the default website, you'll regret this when you want to upgrade
6) I suggest installing STS first and then running the normal Project Server install, not the manual approach.

--
Gary Chefetz [MVP]

*** Remember to look for line breaks in links posted to the news group, use cut and paste for these.

Hi there,

I have just succesfully installed MS Project Server in Windows 2003 server, but I have also
found that the MS Official stuff is somewhat confusing, so I decided to prepare a guide for those
who are in my case:

My scenario:
3 PM
40 Team members
5 Projects

1 Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server (P4 2.5 Ghz, 2G RAM, 30 GB free space)
for MS Project server, STS and SQL Server 2000 SP3a

Here is the link to the guide: http://www.enseit.com/pm/projectserver/

Let me know If you find it helpful

Renaud

--
DISCLAIMER
The message represents the personal views and opinion of the individual sender and under no circumstances represents those of Hutchison Port Holdings Limited ("HPH") or its Group Companies. The shareholders, directors and management of HPH and any of its Group Companies accept no responsibility and accordingly shall have no liability to any party whatsoever with respect to the contents of this message.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above. It may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,retention, disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us immediately.

Ask a Question