Mail merge & labels - problems with multiple sheets

S

Sid_Farkus

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a strange problem using Word 08 when trying to create address labels from a Mail Merge. Since I have more than 30 names to merge, it creates multiple sheets of labels. However, Word actually seems to put an extra half-row in the footer of the first page and one in the header of the second page. As a result, the labels do not appear correctly on the screen, and they do not print correctly. The problem seems to happen when there are more addresses than one sheet of labels (i.e., it does not seem to handle multiple pages). I am using the standard Avery 5160 format. Has anyone else has this problem? The only resolution seems to be chopping the mail merge list into multiple files, whereby the number of addresses per file equals the number of labels per sheet.

C

CyberTaz

When is the last time you checked the mfr's web site for a printer driver
update? Updates for Office & OS X might also be contributing factors.

The 5160 is a 'classic' which has been around for quite some time. I use it
myself but have never had a problem. If the updates don't correct it (it
could still be a printer problem) the question would then be a matter of any
formatting changes or font usage that might be contributing to it.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question