Move "sent" mail from a specific person to a specific folder

K

Kevinw

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have rules setup to move certain emails I receive from certain people/companies to a specific folder. In Outlook there was an option to keep the dialog from a particular email in the same folder so when I replied it was also in that folder. Somehow I'd like to be able to do this in Entourage but I can't figure out a way to move replied email sent to (e.g. Joe Smith) to Joe Smiths file after I send it. Other then manually doing it and the obvious toolbar option "after sending move to" option. Apple Script?

J

Jeff_Chapman

Hello,
I have rules setup to move certain >emails I receive from certain >people/companies to a specific >folder. In Outlook there was an >option to keep the dialog from a
>particular email in the same folder >so when I replied it was also in >that folder. Somehow I'd like to be >able to do this in Entourage but I >can't figure out a way to move >replied email sent to (e.g. Joe >Smith) to Joe Smiths file after I >send it. Other then manually doing >it and the obvious toolbar option >"after sending move to" option.

When you create your rule in Entourage from Tools - Rules, you'll need to actually click and _hold_ the "New" button down to get a list of rule options. Select "Outgoing", and then set up your rule. Outgoing rules apply to emails upon sending them. Let us know how it worked.

Jeff

K

Kevinw

Hello,
>
>
> When you create your rule in Entourage from Tools - Rules, you'll need to actually click and _hold_ the "New" button down to get a list of rule options. Select "Outgoing", and then set up your rule. Outgoing rules apply to emails upon sending them. Let us know how it worked.
>
> Jeff

Thanks Jeff, anyway to make these rules run on existing already sent messages?

K

Kevinw

Hello,
>
>
> When you create your rule in Entourage from Tools - Rules, you'll need to actually click and _hold_ the "New" button down to get a list of rule options. Select "Outgoing", and then set up your rule. Outgoing rules apply to emails upon sending them. Let us know how it worked.
>
> Jeff

Also in case you know the answer to this, I have also not been able to find a way to write a rule that when a new mail comes in it will:
1. Leaves unread email from person A in mailbox
2. Copies same mail from person A to a specific folder
3. Marks same copied email as unread

I've written a rule that follows these sequences but it actually copies the email twice into the mail folder for some reason (step 2)?

Ask a Question