Outlook 2002 Send Receive will not work automatically

L

Laura

Hi,

Does anyone know what would prevent Outlook 2002 from performing an AUTOMATIC Send/Receive? I think I have all the right settings, but it will not send/receive without my clicking the send/receive button.

I have a friend with Office XP. His Outlook 2002 send receive account is set up like this:

The "Send immediately when connected" check box unto Tool/Options/Mail Setup is CHECKED.
Inside the Send/Receive groups dialog box under Settings for All Accounts, Schedule an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes is CHECKED.

When you select his send/recieve account and choose EDIT, in there, Include account in this send/receive group is CHECKED, as is Send mail items and Recieve mail items.

And yet... Outlook will NOT perform the Send/recieve action on its own. (It's possible it is sending on it's own but definitely NOT receiving on its own).

When you click the Send/Receive button, that works fine.

He has cable internet access.
I have tried recreating his Outlook profile as well as setting up a new send/receive group. All to no avail.

Many thanks.

Ask a Question