persistent reminders

C

Cory

I'm looking for a way to have Outlook reminders give a persistent alarm when no action is taken. My wife works out of the home but is not always at the computer. She would like to have her alarms continue to sound every x number of minutes - indefinitely - until she takes some action (snooze, dismiss, etc.). Outlook only has alarms sound 3 times and then they stop, leaving only the reminder window open on the desktop(which is only helpful when you are physically at the computer). I've lookd for a way to do this in Outlook with no luck. Does anyone know how this can be done using Outlook or through another application that works with Outlook appointments?

B

Brian Tillman

Cory said:
I'm looking for a way to have Outlook reminders give a persistent
alarm when no action is taken.

Outlook just uses a sound file on your PC for the alert. Create a sound
file that contains a longer sounding tone and use that.

O

Oliver Vukovics [Public Shareware]

C

Cory

Thanks for the thoughts so far. We've tried changing the sound to be something longer, and the issue with that is that when she is out taking kids to school or running errands, the reminder won't be going off when she returns. It didn't really work for her. Also, she doesn't have a wireless PDA or cell phone that she carries around with her all the time for the forwarding software to work, either.

At one time, she was using Palm Desktop and there was an application called DeskAlarm that was set to have the alarm sound every 15 minutes until you took some kind of action with the item. If you snoozed the alarm, when it went off again, it sounded every 15 minutes again. We were hoping there was something like that out there or some way to manipulate Outlook to work that way, but we haven't been able to find anything. I've heard there are ways to use visual basic to do some programming that could modify how reminders work, but I wouldn't have a clue how to do that. Still hoping someone has a solution.
Thanks,
Cory

O

Oliver Vukovics [Public Shareware]

Hi Cory

I also wrote:

....you can try our Public Reminders Addin which also give a "flash" in the
Taskbar if you would not have open the
"reminder window".

This "flash" would NOT stop after a specific time. It will only stops after
you open the reminder windows.

Did you also visited this site:

Other reminder tools are on this site:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_reminder.asp

C

Cory

Thanks Oliver. I did look at those sites, but I guess I didn't look closely enough (maybe because I have the DeskAlarm way of doing things stuck in my head). I'll look more closely at these suggestions and see if they will work. Thanks!

Ask a Question