Potential issues with Plist in Excel/Office for MAC

R

rss19

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I am experiencing some real drags in Excel mostly and to some extent with Office files and Entourage. Specifically, when I open an Excel file it performs slowly and hangs up if I try to open recent files, close it, make some changes in cells and other changes. Once the pinwheel stops turning, I can resume but will encounter the same problems if I open another file.

I work in Excel extensively and this has brought productivity to a standstill. I've gone through Applecare and we have performed virtually every kind of test and clean up. If I create a new account and open Excel or any office file, it works perfectly. I believe there is some kind of issue between my current account and all Office files.

I have:

Deleted and reloaded Office including updates 12.1.0 and SP1 12.1.5 (I can't find the ones in between).

In Safe Mode cleaned out cache and preference folders + performed Disk Repair and Repaired Permissions.

I've run MacScan and found no viruses.

I have trashed the plist file for Excel.

Can someone please tell me what's going on and how to fix this?

Thanks,
RSS19

Ask a Question