Roaming profiles

Reaction score
My DC/DNS is W2k8 R2 here in the states. A branch office in india has W2k3 R2 member server. On the DC, I've set the Indian profiles to be written to a share on their member server, and for our office in the states, I've set the profiles to be written to a share local to our office.

In our Indian office, they're using Outlook 2007, we're using Outlook 2010 here in the states. The Outlook 2010 pst for the US users is being successfully written to the US share, but the Outlook 2007 pst is only being stored in \users\username\appdata\local. I don't really have a choice but to do this - our branch office has about 20 employees that do shift work monitoring oil wells, and there are only 5 workstations, so they all end up rotating around.

The irritating thing is that other files are being written to the share in India (like Excel and Word docs, for example), just not the pst files.

No, there is no DC/DNS server in the Indian office (not my doing, I can tell you that) - they authenticate over a fast line to our office here in the states, latency generally running around 350 ms.

I would REALLY LOVE TO AVOID a registry hack if I can.

Edit - this is pop3 mail, not exchange, and there is no chance of us switching to exchange.

Last edited:

Ask a Question