save as web page; include slide notes

C

casaplaya

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Iʻm trying to create a webpage from a presentation. Even when I click save as webpage and then check the box for ʻinclude slides notesʻ, the webpage does not include the slides notes. I have tried opening the webpage in Safari, firefox, and even internet explorer but still no notes included in the htm file. Though when I look in the htm files folder the notes_pane.htm files are in there.

the slides do contain notes
the screensize is set to 640x480 (though I have tried every size with no difference in what i get)
the default view is set to normal, black on white text, navigation buttons: graphic
button placement: bottom

And just in case anyone is wondering I have tried simply using Keynote, but canʻt get the notes to show up saving as a html or even using an old version of keynote and saving as a flash -- the notes never show up.

Iʻm a teacher and need the notes to show up along with the slides so that the online students can read what they would have heard had they been in class. I cannot use audio with these files because many of my online students are in countries with slow dial up systems.

I would be most grateful for any help anyone can give me regarding this issue.

Again I want to share my presentations via the web in a format in which the students do not have to download them and that will let the students read the notes.

Thank you

S

Steve Rindsberg

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Iʻm trying to create a webpage from a presentation. Even when I click save as webpage
and then check the box for ʻinclude slides notesʻ, the webpage does not include the
slides notes. I have tried opening the webpage in Safari, firefox, and even internet explorer
but still no notes included in the htm file. Though when I look in the htm files folder the
notes_pane.htm files are in there.
the slides do contain notes
the screensize is set to 640x480 (though I have tried every size with no difference in what i get)
the default view is set to normal, black on white text, navigation buttons: graphic
button placement: bottom

And just in case anyone is wondering I have tried simply using Keynote, but canʻt get
the notes to show up saving as a html or even using an old version of keynote and saving as a
flash -- the notes never show up.
Iʻm a teacher and need the notes to show up along with the slides so that the online
students can read what they would have heard had they been in class. I cannot use audio with
these files because many of my online students are in countries with slow dial up systems.

PDF might be a better solution ... print notes pages instead of slides to get the notes plus a
slide image. PDF is a lot more cross-platform compatible than PowerPoint's curious notions of
what HTML should be.

Ask a Question