SOME installed fonts don't show

S

SamVilde

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hey.

I have this mac. I like cool fonts. I sometimes download cool fonts from free websites. These are generally .TTF files. I click on them, font book opens & asks me if I want to install them, I say yes...

Then I make sure I restart MS word. Because how would it know anything's changed?

When I restart MS Word, the new fonts are generally/usually there. I can find them in the drop down menu, or I can type the names until they appear, like any other font.

This happens with MOST of the fonts I've installed. But with my 2 favorite fonts...

One of them isn't in the drop down menu. It's there in TextEdit & in Photoshop, but not in Office. If I start typing the name, it appears. Not the end of the world.

One of them isn't in the drop down menu. If I start typing the name, it doesn't show up. If I type the whole name, then the font works.

But... this is kind of annoying, especially because the font has a hard to remember/hard to type name. And it's annoying because it shouldn't work like that.

I've added both to a FONT COLLECTION, but in Office their names don't show.

I know it's a small thing, but if anyone has a fix?

Thanks...

Ask a Question