Some mail merge fields not pulling into document

Reaction score
I use vba code to provide many mail merge documents from an Access database. I recently added a new table of data, pulled it into a query, related it via a common field. I can run the query and see the data i entered via an access form. I can run the vba process (oledb?) into a txt file. See the data accurate;ly in the text file. But it does not show up correctly in the document. Instead of showing 4 fields of data representing 6a, 6b. 6y and 6x, one of those fiels is repeated 4 times.

I am used to troubleshooting queries, but have never seen this happen before. Any glimmers of light out there?

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
That suggests all you done in the mailmerge main document is make 3 copies of the original field that is now repeating 4 times. That won't work; you need to specifiy the correct field name from the data source for each of the new fields.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It was something like that. I had used bad field names beginning with a Numeral. So somehow the fields that began with numeral 6 were all pointing to the 6th column. When I was able to see the field names access was using they began with M_6a, M_6C etc. I had to code my mergefields with the M_ and then it all worked.

Ask a Question