Spreadsheets with borders to html

V

volenti38

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Saving to html in Excel 98 (with OS 9.2.2 and PowerPC) preserves the borders in my spreadsheet. Neither Excel X nor Excel 2004 (Save as Webpage) does so. This seems retrograde. Is there any way to get the same desirable result in X or 2004 as I get in 98?

C

CyberTaz

Actually, Excel 2004 borders do display. I can't speak to v.X as I haven't
used it in years & no longer have it installed.

The most likely reason you aren't seeing the borders is that you're using
Safari. Open the same HTML file in Firefox & see the difference. Maybe the
question should be asked of Apple :)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

V

volenti38

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see it until after I saw your other one. I'll try that, but even if it works, it will be an imperfect solution, since the page in question is a table of term marks for a class of 150+, and I can't be sure what computers or browsers they will be using. So my modus operandi is to save the file as Excel 98 and then to save the table as html (as opposed to saving as Web Page). Of course, this means I have to transfer the file from my Intel iMac to my venerable Pismo where I still can use Office 98. As I said, an imperfect solution.

V

volenti38

Further to my last message, the borders do indeed display in Firefox, Opera, Camino, and IE 5.2 for Mac, but they do not appear as nicely as when I create the html file from Excel 98. And Firefox messes up the content formatting. So maybe Apple needs encouragement to fix Safari.

C

CyberTaz

Try using a heavier border weight in Excel 2004 ‹ it seems to be only the
finest solid line that Safari 'can't see'. I'm afraid I can't offer much on
the other issues you mentioned.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question